But ask someone to invest $15,000 in a new heating or cooling system and they think you’re nuts. Well, you’re not…and you know it, but it can be frustrating getting this across to skeptical homeowners.
Car or Truck:
• Costs $30,000 to $50,000; let’s use the lower amount.
• Drive one for maybe 150,000 miles.
• At 50 mph that means you used it for 3,000 hours. That’s like 120 days. 4 months. Jeeze. That’s $250 a day!
• For the most part you were the only one getting anything out of it.
• Along the way you spent thousands of dollars on fuel and maintenance and repairs.
HVAC Comfort System
• Initial cost for our top-of-the-line “best” system $20,000 to $30,000; let’s use the lower amount.
• Use it 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for 15 years or more. That’s over 130,000 hours…over 5,000 DAYS. That’s $4 a day!
• Not only you but your entire family benefits from this, giving all of you more comfort, improved health, producing a quieter home, adding to convenience, helping the planet stay green and…
• You are saving money! In fact the lifetime energy savings will usually pay for the entire initial cost, making this a 100% Return on Investment.
• You spend no more money on fuel and a whole lot less on maintenance and repairs.
My friends, our industry has the best value of any industry, of any product, of any service that we can imagine.
So the next time you are feeling yourself getting beat down by customers who don’t understand why spending so much is worthwhile, show them this comparison and how investing in HVAC makes sense for them and their entire family.