The Veterans are between 63 and 90-ish years old. In their lifetime they experienced or were affected by 1929’s stock market crash and the following Great Depression, WW II and atom bomb, the Korean War, the Kennedy assassination, Watergate and Nixon’s resignation and more. These were tough times, and people were defined by them. They held to fundamental values, hard work and tend to be conservative in nature.
Being conservative, veterans tend to stick with what they know; change means risk. The proven brand, the trusted “friend in the business”, the unconditional guarantee all hit the mark with them.
What to emphasize:
• Years in business
• Second or third generation ownership
• Year of hands-on experience by technicians and installers
• Recognized brands
• Extended Warranty: 100% Parts and Labor on the entire system
• Include Service Agreements in the sale
• 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee
• How the high-efficiency system will keep their rising cost-of-living at the lowest possible, protecting their fixed income
• How their current “utility overpayment” will help pay for their new system, providing an effective “return on investment” that exceeds what they are getting now at the bank
• How they finally get the comfort, health and peace of mind benefits they have worked hard to get and deserve
Have fun…and good selling!