Are You Selling IAQ Products?
You Will Want to Read This Now!
It’s been impossible for any IAQ product to provide complete protection for your customer’s health… and their HVAC system’s performance.
I’m sure you believe the manufacturer’s claims for the products you are selling. You wouldn’t be selling them otherwise, right? I’m not suggesting these claims aren’t true, but I am suggesting that there’s a lot more to the IAQ story – a whole lot more.
Nearly all airborne particles, pathogens and VOCs are so small and light that they never get caught up in the airstream and brought back to the filter.
From a scientific point of view, everything airborne is a particle. Nearly all of these particles are below 1 micron in size and are so lightweight that they will stay relatively suspended in the air. In order for them to ever reach any filter, something must cause them to move.
Any IAQ product without a filter does not provide significant health benefits.
When you install an ion generator or PCO, where do the particles go? Most of them stick to the floor, walls, surfaces…everywhere. The house literally becomes the particle collector. Perhaps you are also including a 1-inch MERV 8 filter because of cost, or you might do that because you are concerned about high-static pressure. The CDC now recommends at least a MERV 13 and most hospital operating rooms are MERV 14-15. What really matters is how effective your products are on the smallest particles, those under 1 micron, which represent the greatest threat to our health.
If any airborne particles, pathogens or VOCs are captured and not destroyed, and their remnants are not held on the filter, what’s the point?
Capturing is not the same as killing. I wouldn’t want to be the homeowner who purchased an expensive portable filter for their child’s bedroom that had a “HEPA” filter in it and, when they removed it for cleaning or replacement, shook all of those captured contaminants into the air that they were breathing. All media filters fall into this category. Other technologies, such as activated charcoal, will actually release VOCs back into the airstream like an oversaturated sponge.
Any IAQ product that produces any quantity of oxidizers, including ozone or hydroxyl radicals (“friendly” oxidizers), will have a negative health impact.
Search the Internet for “ozone and health”, or “hydroxyl radicals and health.” Chances are, you won’t like what you find. There isn’t anything anywhere that says these things are healthy, even in low concentrations.
Highly restrictive air filters, whether clean or dirty, will cause HVAC system performance issues, including decreased comfort, more noise, higher utility bills, higher repair costs and shortened equipment life.
High static issues might be the leading cause of service problems, call-backs, customer dissatisfaction and cost you 1% or 2% of your hard-earned, bottom-line dollars every year.
One Complete IAQ Solution
There is now one complete IAQ solution that will outperform all other IAQ technologies:
- Will cause all airborne particles, pathogens and VOCs to move through the airstream and be brought back to an integrated filter.
- Will have MERV 14/15 capturing efficiency with less than .15 in. wc static pressure.
- Will destroy all pathogens, retain all particles and VOCs, and not release them back into the airstream.
- Will make zero byproducts that can be harmful to your health.
- Includes a replacement cartridge that will typically need replacement only once a year, at a cost of under $200 to the homeowner.
- No online sales. Only available through exclusive Certified Dealers.
If you are interested, and…
- you want to provide your customers with information about the best possible solutions for their IAQ concerns
- you are residential, service-based replacement contractor
- you are an owner or manager who wants to integrate IAQ into your company’s sales process
- you are willing to have your sales team participate in a thorough training program
- you want to know how you can nearly double your net profit on every job
Your customers, and your team members, will be thankful that you did.