Legendary football Coach Vince Lombardi said, “It’s not the will to win that matters, everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that counts. ”
Everyone wants to sell more jobs at higher prices but very few are willing to prepare by training and by consistently executing the fundmentals during the sales call.
It’s ironic that our industry prays for hot or cold weather so we can “be busy” and then when the awaited sales leads come pouring in we run from one to the next giving “bids”, “estimates” and “quotes” in as little time as possible. The result, lower close rates at lower prices…creating much less success than we would if we stuck to our professional game plan.
Here are the top 7 Sales Steps You Can’t Skip, no matter how busy you are, without missing out on potential sales:
1. Properly Setting the Appointment
2. Using a Customer Survey Form every time
3. Calculating an Estimated Annual Savings amount to show a return-on-investment
4. Creating a BEST BETTER GOOD CHOICES Proposal at the kitchen table
5. Using all Financing program alternatives to close and handle objections
6. Presenting the company value with a formal Company Presentation
7. Asking for the Sale!
Each of these steps should be measured or monitored by the owner/manager. We’ll look at each one in detail in the upcoming weeks.