The Gen X’ers are between 29 and 43 years old. They are accustomed to continuous changes in a technological world and assume nothing is permanent. They tend to be a pessimistic group, having watched their parents lose their jobs and careers and accordingly are less inclined to feel the need to be loyal to their employers. They appreciate “chilling” and “getting away” and tend to “hang” with their close social group.
What to emphasize:
• Be direct and sincere, they are suspicious of a hyped-up story
• Show how your product or service is good for everyone, not just them (reduce carbon footprint)
• Explain the practical nature of your offering (will help with your allergies AND reduce the amount of house cleaning)
• They like making fun of or “taking from” the establishment (they will like tax credits and utility rebates)
• Show them how the need for less maintenance and fewer service problems will give them less worry and more free time
• Explain that you want to earn their business, and their loyalty (service agreement)
• They’re looking for someone they can trust…make sure that’s YOU!
Have fun…and good selling!